Thursday, April 29, 2010

Teaching with YouTube



I had considered YouTube only as a form of entertainment, so I was surprised to see the educational applications available. In my EPL class, the children are currently looking at the phases of the moon. A YouTube video, such as the one above, could help support their learning by giving them a visual depiction of the orbit of the Earth and moon. This is a great resource for assisting in capturing the students attention while providing them with the information they need to learn. The negative of YouTube that I can see is the sheer quantity of videos available. I was originally looking for a piece on Camping, however I came across many videos which were either inappropriate for small children or for use in the classroom. This could also be an issue with children searching for videos and images for projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment